The Messenger channel allows chatbots and agents to chat with customers via Facebook Messenger.
Once you add a Messenger channel, click anywhere on the channel row to configure it.
The Messenger channel must be enabled before you test it. To enable the channel, click the STATUS toggle.
Before starting, you must have a page for your Facebook Business account.
Under the SETTINGS tab, you have the following options:
- Enable - make the channel live to the public
- Name - edit the channel name within the AICX platform
- Language - set the default language for customers using this channel
- Testing mode - make chatbot edits live only after when the chatbot is deployed
- Channel ID and Secret - required for the deploy script
- Delete - remove the channel
Once a Messenger channel is deleted, you will need to reconnect your Facebook page to a new Messenger channel.
To configure your Messenger channel:
- Create a Facebook page on your Facebook business account.
- When your Facebook page is set up, go to your Messenger channel on the Proto AICX platform. Under the CONNECTED PAGE tab, click Login with Facebook.
- Log in to the Facebook account to be linked to the chatbot.
- After logging in, the pages linked to the Facebook account will appear under the CONNECTED PAGE tab. Click CONNECT on the selected Facebook page.
Make sure your Facebook page is published in order for customers to use the chatbot.
Updated 4 months ago